What is an INFOPASS?


InfoPass is a free service that lets you schedule an appointment with a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Immigration Officer. This service can answer basic inquiries, assist in expedited services, and provide extensions to some Green Card statuses.

How do you access InfoPass to make an appointment?

To use InfoPass you will need:

  1. A computer with an Internet connection
  2. Visit this site: https://my.uscis.gov/appointment

What documents should you bring to the appointment?

To resolve your problem or best answer an inquiry, you will need to bring documents that identify and explain the problem. Some of the documents you will need include:

  • Printout of the InfoPass appointment notice confirmation
  • Government-issued identification. This could be any of the following:
    • government-issued photo ID card
    • passport
    • valid driver’s license
    • Employment Authorization Document, or Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card (‘green card”)
    • Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record; note: if your Form I-94 does not have a photo of you attached to it, then a passport or valid driver’s license would have to accompany as an additional form of identification.
  • All immigration forms, receipt notices, approval or denial letters, translations and original documents that relate to your inquiry.

What if you need to reschedule the appointment?

InfoPass allows you to cancel or reschedule appointments by using the identification numbers at the bottom of your appointment confirmation notice.


As a very common use in our law office, INFOPASS meetings are beneficial in providing 6-month and 1-year extensions to Green Cards, especially during the I-751 Removal Process, the I-90 Renewal Process, and the N-400 Naturalization Process.

If you have any concerns, you should speak with a local Immigration Attorney, or you may call Fickey Martinez Law Firm, P.L.L.C. at (910) 526-0066 or email at attorney@fickeymartinezlaw.com.


Related Post:



Disclaimer: This Blog is made available by the lawyer or law firm publisher for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.