Travel Abroad with the I-751 Receipt Notice

[Leer Post en Espanol]     [Ler Post em Português]

The I-751 Removal of Condition filing provides a Receipt Notice that “extends” a Lawful Permanent Resident Card (aka Green Card) for 24 months from the Expiration of the Green Card. If filed early or late, the 24-month extension “timer” starts on the expiration of the Green Card.

During the 24 months of the extension, the Receipt Notice CAN be used as proof of Lawful Permanent Residence, when accompanied by the Expired Green Card. Just like any Lawful Permanent Resident, Travel abroad with a valid, unexpired foreign passport is permitted for up to 6 months within a 12-month period.

For more information on the I-751 Filing, please check out our other I-751 Blog Posts:

If you would like to contact our office for immigration assistance, please contact Fickey Martinez Law Firm, P.L.L.C. to set up a consultation with our Immigration Attorney.

Related Blog Post:

I-751 Joint Spousal Filing: In Love with your Best Friend and How to Prepare

When should I file the I-751? Or, what is considered an early filing or a late filing?

What happens if an I-751 Filing is denied?

How do I file an I-751 waiver? I-751 Waiver for Death, Divorce, or Domestic Violence


Disclaimer: This Blog is made available by the lawyer or law firm publisher for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.

Leave a Comment