Youtube: The K-1 Fiancé Visa

What are the Eligibility Requirements for a Fiancé Visa?

A Fiancé Visa, also known as a K-1 Visa, requires:

  1. The asking Fiance be a U.S. citizen;
  2. Evidence that the couple intends to marry within 90 days of the fiancé(e)’s entrance the United States;
  3. Everyone is free to marry, meaning no one is currently married; and
  4. the couple has met in person within the past 2 years. The physical meeting requirement can be waived, but the waiver requires many things and can always be denied.

USCIS has provided a public resource to answer frequent questions. I highly recommend this government document be read. (Link can be found here).

Service Areas for Fickey Martinez Law Firm

Fickey Martinez Law Firm, P.L.L.C. happily serves the following locations: Beaufort, Beulaville, Burgaw, Chinquapin, Elizabethtown, Fayetteville, Goldsboro, Greenville, Havelock, Hubert, Jacksonville, Kenansville, Kinston, Lumberton, Magnolia, Maysville, Morehead City, Mount Olive, New Bern, Pink Hill, Raleigh, Richlands, Rose Hill, Seven Springs, Surf City, Swansboro, Trenton, Topsail Beach, Wallace, Warsaw, Whiteville, Wilmington, the surrounding counties: Onslow County, Pender County, Carteret County, Duplin County, Jones County, Lenoir County, Craven County and Carteret County, and the armed forces of: Camp Lejeune, MCAS Cherry Point, MCAS New River, and Fort Bragg.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call Fickey Martinez Law Firm at (910) 526-0066 or email us at

Related Posts:






Disclaimer: This Blog is made available by the lawyer or law firm publisher for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.