Thailand Birth Certificate Guidance for US Immigration Purposes


The Thailand Birth Certificate for US Immigration purposes is called a Sutibat. The Sutibat is free and can be acquired at the District “Amphur” Registration Office having jurisdiction over the place of birth.

The Birth Certificate should be Translated to English, which our office recommends, and the foreign Certificate would be accompanied by an English translation. The most common issues regarding a foreign birth certificate are errors/misspellings of names. To avoid this headache, make sure you have all the names spelled correctly and double-checked after translation.

If a Sutibat is not available, a Birth Certifying Letter “Bai Rub Rong Kan Kerd” is also acceptable to Prove Thailand Birth for US Immigration purposes.



Disclaimer: This Blog is made available by the lawyer or law firm publisher for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.