Peru J1 No Objection Statement Waiver based on Marriage to a US Citizen

The No Objection Waiver is a possible filing option for J1 Visa Holders married to US Citizens. However, “no objection” operates on the premise that no one objects to the removal of the 2-year home residency requirement placed on the J1 Visa Holder prior to entry into the United States.
The Peruvian NOS Request requires the following:
  1. The J1 must be registered in the Consular Office Registry.
  2. The Consular Office Registry must issue a certificate of said registration.
  3. Request addressed to the Secretary of Peruvian Communities Abroad, with the following:
    • Names and surnames.
    • Place and date of birth.
    • ID No. and Passport No.
    • Date of entry into the United States of America.
    • Type of Visa with which you are currently in the United States of America.
    • File number (“Case File”) granted by the Department of State of the United States of America.
    • Address and Telephone in the United States of America.
    • Email address.
    • Name and Address of the sponsor (sponsor).
    • Study or Work Center in the United States of America.
    • Explanation of the reasons for requesting the Letter of No Objection.
  4. Attachment that must be attached to the application:
    1. Payment receipt for processing fee, issued by the corresponding Consular Office, cost US$ 25.00 cash.
    2. Copy of the personal data page of the passport as well as the page where the current visa appears.
    3. Copy of the Marriage Certificate issued by the competent authorities of the United States of America.
    4. Copy of all Form DS-2019
    5. Copy of Form 1-94
    6. Affidavit of not having received financial aid from the Peruvian Government
    7. PRONABEC certificate in which it is mentioned that the interested party has not received any type of scholarship from the Peruvian Government.
    8. Letter from the sponsor of the visa, in which he mentions that he has no objection to his sponsor changing his/her visa.
To obtain an appointment to request a No Objection Statement, the J1 must send an email to: and attach all the required documentation.
Disclaimer: This Blog is made available by the lawyer or law firm publisher for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.