Petition for Partition

A Petition for Partition can apply to land and personal property. It is a unilateral division of property owned or inherited by two or more people, where (if reasonable) the property may be physically divided (partition in kind) or (where physical division is unreasonable) the property is sold and the value of the property is divided among all owners (partition by sale).

It is possible that a partition can initially be resolved through negotiations with all of the owners of the property. This negotiation may afford a reasonable option for the client. However, if negotiations are unreasonable, the petition to the superior court will have a reasonable and fair outcome for all owners of the property. We at Fickey Martinez Law Firm can guide you through the court process and explain the options you have.

Below is our fee for a petition for partition:

$500 fixed fee with an hourly rate of $100 thereafter

If you’d like to set an appointment, please contact us through our website, or give us a call. We are happy to hear from you.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Notice: Completing this form does not establish a client-lawyer relationship. This form, if completed, provides information of a potential client’s matter. If Fickey Martinez Law Firm accepts your matter, we will request that you sign a Fee Agreement between you and Fickey Martinez Law Firm.