Lebanese Birth Certificate for US Immigration Purposes


The “Wathikat Welada” is the translation for the Lebanese Birth Certificate or Certificate of Birth. For US Immigration Purposes, the Certificate MUST BE ISSUED by the Ministry of Interior & Municipalities, Directorate General of Civil Status. The Wathikat Welada is free of charge.

Lebanese and foreigners born in Lebanon (resident and non-resident) may obtain a government birth certificate from the district office of the Civil Registry Office in the district where the applicant is registered.

If you are abroad from Lebanon, the Certificate can be requested from the Lebanese Embassy abroad or through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Lebanon.

Alternate civil documentation of birth (for Lebanese nationals whose place of birth is Lebanon) can be the individual or family civil registration sheet issued by the Civil Registry Office, which records all members of a family.

If a birth certificate is unavailable due to non-registration or the civil war, a statement of non-existence must be requested from the Ministry of Interior’s local Civil Registry Office.

In summary, there are three possible Lebanese Birth Documents that can be provided for US Immigration Purposes, described above.


NOTE: OUR OFFICE DOES NOT ASSIST IN ACQUIRING FOREIGN BIRTH CERTIFICATES. This post is for reference/guidance purposes only.

Related Blog Posts:

Joint Bona Fide Documents: How to Start meeting the USCIS I-130 Evidence Requirement for a Marriage

Immigration Checklist: What our law office generally recommends

Rejected USCIS Filing: Reprint Everything or Reuse Forms and Documents?

Disclaimer: This Blog is made available by the lawyer or law firm publisher for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.