Youtube: How to Change Address with USCIS?


The Change of Address form with USCIS is very similar to USPS’s Change of Address form. Updating your address with USCIS is mandatory for pending filings and for many non-U.S. Citizen immigration statuses.

You will need the old address, new address, your name, and an A Number (also known as USCIS Number). However, as a fun fact, most people forget to update their address with USCIS within 10 days after a move.

You are able to change your address with USCIS online or through paper filing. The cost is free, and in my personal opinion, the online form is quick and can be completed in minutes. Plus, the online form gives instant results, a successful filing notice, and a copy of the form filed. If you are in need of changing your address, visit the USCIS Website and complete form AR-11.

Youtube Video

Below is a Youtube Video by Fickey Martinez Law Firm, P.L.L.C. It was created to answer the basic question of how to generally update USCIS of an Address Change.

Consequences of Failing to Update USCIS

Failure to Update USCIS of a Change of Address can have the following results:

  • Denial of a pending application
  • Missing vital USCIS Appointment
  • Great Delays in processing time
  • Fine up to $200
  • Imprisonment up to 30 days
  • Tarnish an Immigrant’s Immigration Record

Some may ask how USCIS will know. If USCIS receives a “non delivered” mail from USPS, USCIS will place that note in your file.

Many forget this “change of address” requirement. However, the above results are very real and some are commonly seen by immigration attorneys. Since a picture speaks a thousand words, hopefully the below image will be better remembered.

Failure to Change Address with USCIS

You may ask yourself, “Can USCIS really deny my filing for not updating my address? That seems funny since I paid hundreds or thousands of dollars!” Here is my answer to that question:

AR-11 Explanation Video

All to often, my past clients will call for clarification of this form. I hope this video will be helpful. Enjoy!

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call Fickey Martinez Law Firm at (910) 526-0066 or email us at



Youtube: How To Change The Address Of An I-864 Sponsor


Disclaimer: This Blog is made available by the lawyer or law firm publisher for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.

Service Areas for Fickey Martinez Law Firm

Fickey Martinez Law Firm, P.L.L.C. happily serves the following locations: Beaufort, Beulaville, Burgaw, Chinquapin, Elizabethtown, Fayetteville, Goldsboro, Greenville, Havelock, Hubert, Jacksonville, Kenansville, Kinston, Lumberton, Magnolia, Maysville, Morehead City, Mount Olive, New Bern, Pink Hill, Raleigh, Richlands, Rose Hill, Seven Springs, Surf City, Swansboro, Trenton, Topsail Beach, Wallace, Warsaw, Whiteville, Wilmington, the surrounding counties: Onslow County, Pender County, Carteret County, Duplin County, Jones County, Lenoir County, Craven County and Carteret County, and the armed forces of: Camp Lejeune, MCAS Cherry Point, MCAS New River, and Fort Bragg.