In the Summer of 2022, USCIS Raleigh-Durham Field Office began Waiving some Green Card Interview Requirements as a way to reduce local processing time and the focus of local USCIS field officers.
The local field office is likely to waive I-485 Adjustment of Status interviews where the following have occurred:
- The I-693 Sealed Immigration Medical
- The I-864 financial stability consistently exceeds the I-864P guidelines
- Most recent W2
- Most Recent 1040 Tax Return Filing and IRS Return Transcript
- Past 12 months of Petitioner’s Paystubs
- The I-130 Relationship Supporting Documents easily prove a true, bona fide relationship. For instance, a marriage-based filing can show the marriage is current and loving. How to prove a Bona Fide Marriage can be seen here: https://www.fickeymartinezlaw.com/immigration/adjustment-of-status/joint-bona-fide-documents-how-to-start-meeting-the-uscis-i-130-evidence-requirement-for-a-marriage/
If the filing is missing some of the above, the local USCIS Officer can do an RFE (Request for Evidence) to strengthen the filing to possibly waive the Green Card interview.
Disclaimer: This Blog is made available by the lawyer or law firm publisher for educational purposes only as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site you understand that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.