Category: Consular Processing

U.S. Citizen’s Guide to Immigrating a Japanese Spouse to the United States

There are three options to immigrating a Spouse of a US Citizen to the United States: CR-1/IR-1 Spousal Immigrant Visa Adjustment of Status K-3 Spousal Visa Lets dive into a brief understanding of the three options: CR-1/IR-1 Visa: Spousal Immigrant Visa The CR-1/IR-1 Visa is the most likely option if you married your Japanese spouse […]

Read More keyboard_arrow_right

Japanese Birth Certificate for US Immigration Purposes

In Japan, the household registration document (also known as the koseki) is generally the document used as a Japanese Birth Certificate. The US Government, whether in USCIS or at a US Embassy/Consulate abroad, accepts any of the following three types of Japanese Birth Certificate: Full version of family register (Koseki Tohon/Zenbu jiko shomeisho) Short version of […]

Read More keyboard_arrow_right

I-130 eletrônico: uma nova opção de processamento eletrônico

[Read this Post in English] Em 30 de outubro de 2019, o USCIS lançou a opção de processamento eletrônico para a petição I-130 Petition for Alien Relative. Esta atualização é uma das muitas ocorridas em 2019. No entanto, essa opção de submeter o formulário online beneficiará idealmente membros das forças armadas e funcionários do governo […]

Read More keyboard_arrow_right

man filling out online form on his laptop

Proxy Marriage and US Immigration: Clarification on the Consummation Requirement

[Leer Post en Espanol]     [Ler Post em Português] US Immigration Agencies recognize Proxy Marriage under INA § 101(a)(35), which the statute requires: the Proxy Marriage must observe the “place-of-celebration” rule. Meaning, a marriage is valid for immigration purposes in cases where the marriage is valid under the law of the jurisdiction in which it […]

Read More keyboard_arrow_right

Active Duty US Military, Double Proxy Marriage in Montana, and US Immigration

Active Duty Military often consider Proxy Marriage as a solution to marrying their spouse overseas. Being an Active Duty Service Member, foreign travel may be limited or prohibited. Similarly, a foreign national fiance may be unable to travel to the United States on a Tourist Visa or under ESTA/Visa Waiver. This Blog Post will discuss […]

Read More keyboard_arrow_right